Timberland Invasives Partnership (TIP) is hiring two seasonal positions for invasive species work from approximately April through October of 2019, exact dates can be determined based on candidate availability. The positions will help the organization, at the direction of the TIP Coordinator, complete surveys, public outreach/education, and invasive species control work.
The IS Technician will:
• Work under the direction of the TIP Coordinator to identify, survey and record invasive plant species locations using a handheld GPS unit.
• Conduct manual and chemical control of invasive plants on public lands.
• Be responsible for operating and maintaining all provided equipment and materials.
• Communicate effectively with the TIP Coordinator and others as needed with regards to work activities.
• Assist as needed with volunteer workdays, trainings and other outreach events.
• Must have a valid state driver’s license and good driving record
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in natural resources or a related field preferred.
• Must be able to work in a variety of outdoor conditions
• Must be able to safely carry a three-gallon backpack sprayer for extended periods of time and lift 50 pounds
• Ability to work independently or as a team
• Ability to converse with members of the public in a friendly, positive manner
• Ability to operate mechanical equipment in a safe and responsible manner
• General knowledge of the threat posed by invasive species
• Experience with plant identification and GPS use preferred (training provided)
• Basic computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Wisconsin Pesticide Applicator Certification or ability to obtain certification soon after start date
How to Apply:
Send cover letter, resume and references to Tracy Beckman at:
Lumberjack RC&D, 315 S. Oneida Ave., Suite 206, Rhinelander, WI 54501
Questions on applying for a position: contact Tracy by email or at (715)369-9886
Questions on the position: call Alix Bjorklund at (715)799-5710 ext. 3 or email at
Application Deadline: March 1, 2019