Title: IT -Applications Software Specialist- Software Developed (17-944)
Location: Boise, Idaho (83709)
Anticipated Start Date: November 1, 2017 (or sooner)
Position Type: Full Year (12 months or more), Salary/ Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes | www.psmfc.org/benefits
Salary Target: $60,210 – 93,821/year, DOE
Job Number: 17-944
How to Apply: Online at www.psmfc.org/careers
Closing Date: October 10, 2017 at 9pm PT
• Enhancement and Support of Biz Logic/DAL
• Participation in the development of sound software engineering practices
• Defining and analyzing technical and functional requirements and specifications
• Independent work while being Team and Self Aware
• Effective & creative problem solving
• Contribute feedback and input on the web & application architecture as well as
• the technologies used
• Participate in Agile/Scrum environment
• Code Review
• Continuous Improvement
• Team Communication
(The functions listed are characteristic of the type and level of work associated with this group and pay band. They are not all-inclusive. Individual positions may perform some or all, as well as other similar work.)
• Define and analyze technical and functional requirements and specifications. Assure they are consistent with current and planned infrastructure and data environments.
• Develop software components, data flow, relationship and other models and the data structures to implement the models.
• Develop code, test, debug, document and deploy systems and application software.
• Develop web-based application interfaces to databases.
• Maintain engineering control processes as a mechanism for software modifications.
Knowledge Required by the Position
At the lower end of the range, the employee has broad knowledge, abilities, and skills as follows:
Ability to analyze, design, test, and implement complex, personal computer based, real-time, data acquisition system software.
• Ability to develop complex software applications.
• Ability to create entity relationship models, process data flow models.
• Knowledge of relational database management systems and structured query language.
• Knowledge of effective technical writing techniques.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to interact and deal effectively with individuals and groups having diverse backgrounds (biologists, engineers, statisticians, economists, fiscal specialists, computer specialists, etc.) to translate their needs to software functionality.
At the upper end of the range, the employee uses mastery-level knowledge and abilities to develop state-of-the-art technology and functionality.
Additional Mandatory Skills
• Proficiency in object-oriented design & development & unit-testing, preferably in ASP.NET MVC with C#
• Experience with continuous integration
• The ability to learn quickly with minimal training
• Experience with enterprise architecture & developer tools
• Working knowledge of GIT
Additional Desirable Skills
Experience with any of the following:
• Dapper or similar ORM
• NWJS or Node
• WPF (desktop)
• Infragistics WPF Controls
• ASP.Net MVC
• MVVM design pattern
The work is sedentary with moderate walking between workstations and carrying folders, reports, and similar light loads.
The work is performed in an office setting with adequate lighting, heating and ventilation. There are the normal risks of an office environment. Minimal travel is required.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
Preference will be given to candidates that possess a Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, technology or related field or equivalent experience.
Candidates must present one year of Specialized Experience** which demonstrates:
• Knowledge of the customary approaches, techniques, and requirements appropriate to systems and applications software design and development;
• Knowledge of planning sequences necessary to accomplish assignments where this entailed coordination with others outside the organizational unit and development of project controls; and adaptation of guidelines or precedents to the needs of the assignment.
**The Specialized Experience must equip the candidate with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. To be creditable, the Specialized Experience must have been equivalent to at least the next lower level in the normal line of progression position.
Pacific States Marine Fisheries Commission is an Affirmative Action (AA) and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
If you have a disability and need assistance completing the application form, you may call the PSMFC human resources office at (503) 595-3100 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. PST, Monday-Friday. Reasonable accommodations for interviews will be provided upon request to individuals with disabilities.
We maintain a drug-free workplace.