The Lakes Regions Conservation Corps (LRCC) is a 22.5 week AmeriCorps service program that develops skills and experiences for conservation professionals. LRCC members are the driving force behind many of the conservation efforts of New Hampshire's Lakes Region. The LRCC is based out of the Squam Lakes Association at the following host sites with 18 total AmeriCorps positions available:
• Lakes Region Conservation Trust (4)
Center Harbor, NH
• Lake Winnipesaukee Association (2)
• NH LAKES (2)
• Newfound Lake Region Association (2)
• Squam Lakes Association (6)
• Squam Lakes Conservation Society (2)
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Work toward the eradication of invasive species in the lakes and watershed.
• Maintain and construct regional trail networks.
• Engage both youth and adults in environmental education.
• Recruit and lead volunteer crews.
• Support host site’s events, facilities and daily operations.
• Wilderness First Aid & CPR certifications
• Living allowance: $200 weekly, distributed biweekly
• Student loan forbearance for qualifying loans
• AmeriCorps Education Award of $2,907 received upon successful completion of a minimum of 900 hours
• Open Water Diver certification (specific host sites)
• NH Commercial boating license (specific host sites)
Individual host sites may provide additional training.
• Must be 18 years of age by May 20, 2019
• Must be covered by health insurance for duration of program
• Must be a US citizen, US national, or legal permanent resident
• Able to lift 50 pounds
• Able to carry and use heavy tools while hiking (dependent on host site)
• Able to hike at least 8 miles in a day (dependent on host site)
• Able to work independently and with a group
Individual host sites may have additional qualifications and requirements.
May 20, 2019 through October 24, 2019. This is a 22.5 week AmeriCorps program, the duration of the program is dependent on the completion of service hours. Members must complete 900 hours over the course of the program in order to receive the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award.
For more information, to apply, or to learn about specific host sites please visit www.squamlakes.org/americorps or contact Emily Gross, AmeriCorps Program Manager, at Emily@squamlakes.org.