This position implements the ranch management program for Pueblo of Acoma owned lands operated by Acoma Business Enterprises (ABE) and ensures the smooth day-to-day operation of Acoma Land and Cattle Enterprises. The position uses modern sustainable livestock grazing practices and maintains compliance in regards to environmental and Acoma tribal livestock regulations. The Land and Cattle Ranch Manager will supervise ranch hands, ranch foremen, and day laborers. In addition, they will work in partnership with ranchers, grazing associations, and conservation groups, other government agencies, and members of the community on rangeland management and conservation issues. All duties are to be performed within the guidelines of the ABE policies and procedures.
• High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Veterinary Science, Biology, Livestock Management or related field preferred.
• Five years hands-on experience required in ranching, pre-conditioning, feedlot, or farm with experience in yearling cow/calf herd health and feeding.
• Minimum ten years beef and agricultural business background preferred.
• Minimum five years supervisory experience preferred.
• Valid New Mexico Drivers’ License required.
• Heavy equipment operators must have a valid Commercial Driver’s license.