The University of Nebraska - Omaha (UNO) is seeking to hire a full-time, on-site resident Land Management Specialist who will be responsible for a diversity of activities associated with managing the resources of Glacier Creek Preserve and associated sites as assigned by the Preserves Director. Details of the position generally include, but are not limited to:
• prescribed burning, including maintenance of the long-term burn/mow research plots
• management of preserve resources, including prescribed prairie burning and control of woody/invasive plants
• providing support for on-site research and field projects
• field set-up, maintenance, and operation of monitoring stations (e.g. weather stations, nodes, sonde, etc.)
• supporting prairie restoration projects
• general administrative duties related to the above
The Land Management Specialist also is the full-time resident of the Preserve which requires living at the residence provided (includes all utilities) and providing general Preserve oversite both during and after normal operation hours, addressing issues that may arise.
Qualifications include a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 4 years’ experience in the conservation related land management field. Experience in prescribed burning and land management is preferred, but an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Must be able to work outdoors in a prairie environment. Able to lift and carry up to 100 pounds. Able to operate a tractor and farm machinery.
The position includes full university benefits. Applications are now being received with the review of application beginning on 29 November 2021. Applications will be accepted and considered until the posting is closed on 23 December 2021 or a hiring decision is made.
To Apply visit the UNO Jobs website https://unomaha.peopleadmin.com/postings/14401.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment