Natural resources and environmental related job listings. Includes internships, graduate fellowships, faculty positions and scholarships.
Land Management Technician- Ivanhoe, NC
Twin Creeks Land and Forest Management LLC
Full time Positions
Last Date to Apply
We are a land management company based in Eastern Bladen County. We offer many services to our clients such as prescribed burning, tree planting, herbicide application, and forestry mulching. We are looking for an experienced, punctual, self-motivated person to assist with prescribed burns in the dormant and growing seasons. On non-burn days the employee will assist with a variety of daily tasks such as operating and maintaining equipment i.e. (mini ex, tractor, dozer, skidder, UTV, truck and trailer, etc.).
Candidates will need basic math skills and reliable transportation. Background in prescribed fire, forestry, wildlife, or biology is preferred. A pesticide license is a plus. Candidate must be willing to work in all types of weather conditions and work with herbicides.
Typically work-days are from 7:30am-5pm with an hour for lunch M-Th and half day on Friday except during burn season Oct-May. During burn season, days can be longer and weekend work is a possibility.
• A minimum of one year of college studies in forestry, ecology or a closely related field.
• Familiarity with the plants and plant communities of the North Carolina coastal plain.
• Experience operating various types of heavy equipment as well as smaller Equipment (chainsaws, brush cutters, UTVs, ATVs, portable pumps, drip torches, etc.).
• Successful completion of a forestry summer camp or an equivalent summer field skills camp.
• Manual labor skills (e.g., painting, basic equipment maintenance).