A Land Rehabilitation & Maintenance Management Support (Research Associate I Special) position is available with the Center for Environmental Management of Military Lands (CEMML). This position is located at Fort Dix, NJ.
CEMML is a research, education and service unit within the Warner College of Natural Resources at Colorado State University (CSU). CEMML applies the latest and most appropriate science to promote the sustainable management of natural and cultural resources on Department of Defense (DoD) and other public lands. We provide technical support, conduct applied research, and offer career development and learning opportunities to support resource stewardship. We collaborate with our sponsors and within CSU to resolve complex environmental issues, leaving a legacy of science-based decisions that sustain our resources for future generations.
To learn more about CEMML’s contributions to land management, our mission, vision, and values, visit http://www.cemml.colostate.edu/.
Manage the LRAM program to meet SRP requirements and needs by coordinating all aspects of the LRAM program for the purpose of benefitting of the installation and the program and improvement of land quality and a safe training environment through the following:
• Maintain geodatabase of all projects
• Identify and program new projects
• Utilize best management practices for the state of New Jersey/Northeast
• Work with others to identify projects
• Contribute to the ITAM Work Plan
• Develop budgets and document expenses
• Produce monthly and annual reports documenting past, current, and future projects
• Collect data
• Post process data for submeter accuracy
• Integrate data into geodatabase
• Provide metadata and ensure data standards are met
• Have working knowledge of ArcGIS program
• Develop shape files of projects
• Develop maps for reports
• Create metadata
• Maintain a geodatabase
The successful candidate must be able to walk over uneven terrain in inclement weather. The position may also require bending, climbing, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
•The successful candidate must be eligible to work in the United States by proposed start date. CEMML will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
•A BA/BS degree in natural resources, soil science, land conservation, forestry, horticulture, or related applied science is required. At least one year professional work experience in land rehabilitation.
•The successful candidate must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain a driver’s license by the employment start date.
Experience in the following are desired but not required:
• MA/MS in restoration of disturbed soils, vegetation, and habitats or related areas of applied land restorations/rehabilitation
• Experience identifying land rehabilitation issues and development and implementation of erosion and run-off control and soil stabilization plans, riparian restoration plans, and fire restoration plans
• Experience monitoring, evaluating, and reporting on disturbance and success of rehabilitation projects (especially in the Northeast US)
• Familiarity with state and federal environmental regulations
• Experience working on military lands
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience with database and word processing
• Familiarity with GPS and GIS programs
• Ability to work independently, highly self-sufficient, self-motivated and focused
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department's commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Colorado State University is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Background checks may include, but are not limited to, criminal history, national sex offender search and motor vehicle history.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Annual salary range $47,000 - $53,000. Continuation of the position is dependent on the receipt of funding from the sponsor for LRAM efforts at Fort Dix.
Colorado State University offers a generous benefits package including 24 days of paid vacation leave, tuition credits, excellent health insurance (including vision and dental), and retirement plans with 11.5% matching. For more information on Administrative Professional benefits, visit http://www.hrs.colostate.edu/benefits/.
Prospective candidates should apply online at http://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/50890. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications in the announcement to be considered for hire. Apply no later than November 27, 2017, for full consideration. Upload each of the items below individually as a Word Document (.doc), PDF (.pdf), or Rich Text Format (.rtf). Please note that incomplete applications cannot be considered. Please remove social security numbers and birthdates from application materials. A complete application consists of:
1) Statement of Qualifications (one page letter addressing each qualification described in announcement)
3) Transcripts (for each degree earned that is listed under qualifications)
4) Degree Conferral (copy of diploma if transcripts do not include confirmation that degree was awarded)
5) References (contact information for professional references including at least one supervisor, references will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates)
Colorado State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce, and complies with all federal and Colorado state laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
See a complete listing of open CEMML positions at http://www.cemml.colostate.edu.