Lecturer, Natural Resources
School of Forest Resources & Environmental Sciences
Michigan Technological University, Houghton, Michigan
The School of Forest Resources and Environmental Science at Michigan Technological University invites applications for the position of Lecturer in Natural Resources. This is a nine-month, non-tenure-track, renewable position with an emphasis on teaching. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1) Teaching responsibilities are up to five or six undergraduate courses per year with the possibility of some of this load being at the graduate level. The courses would be determined based on the needs of the School’s undergraduate programs, but would include an introductory class in field techniques in natural resources, coordinating a senior level course focused on communication skills, and advising one or more groups in the School’s capstone class sequence.
2) Advising of master’s level students is expected, particularly those involved in coursework only degrees and degrees involving a service component such as those offered through the VISTA program.
3) Contribute to the development and assessment of curriculum that promotes inclusivity in our academic programs, including overseeing the development of our summer camp at the Ford Center and Forest at which general education classes are offered.
4) Participate in School and University committees.
The complete job announcement can be found at:
1. Ph.D. in a natural resources related discipline at the time of appointment.
2. Demonstrated ability to teach effectively at the undergraduate level.
1. Interest and experience in delivering classes in the area of natural resources.
2. Experience teaching courses at the undergraduate and graduate level, and a record of research and scholarship including publications in peer-reviewed literature.
3. A broad range of teaching experiences, including classes in the areas of ecology, geospatial sciences and quantitative methods.
Application instructions are available at the Michigan Technological web posting for this job. The application is also submitted through this site: