10 days in the Amazon Rainforest of Southeastern Peru!
Join us to be trained in bird banding and survey techniques. In addition to learning hands-on, your efforts will contribute important data to our conservation efforts, as we continue to monitor biodiversity and bird populations in our region. CECCOT is a nonprofit fully dedicated to conservation, sustainability, and education in the Madre de Dios of Peru.
There will be time to explore the jungle! This includes hiking and some canoeing. We will visit a clay lick to observe lekking parrots and macaws. Abundant wildlife viewing is at every turn. One overnight trip to Lago Sandoval will be included. This is one of the best places in the Amazon to see GIANT OTTERS and even more species of birds!
Visit our website and read "how to participate" for more information!
1. Eagerness to contribute to conservation of biodiversity
2. Willingness to spend 10 days in the Amazon Rainforest
3. Experience with hiking and camping is useful
4. Further academic or volunteer experience is not required, but should be noted if relevant
5. Yellow fever vaccine required
6. Travel insurance required
(We will help you with any questions regarding logistics with vaccines, insurance, and further travel issues.)
LIMITED SPACE REMAINING. PLEASE APPLY SOON!
** To apply:
Email Astacianna Hatcher with a letter of interest. Resumes and CVs will be reviewed, but not considered unless a letter of interest is included.
At a minimum, please address the following:
1) Why does this opportunity excite you?
2) What do you hope to gain from the experience?
3) What outdoors or wilderness experience do you have?
4) Why would you be an awesome member of our team?
**cost of your 10 days has been reduced to a total of $950. You will be required to pay $450 to hold your place once you have been accepted into the program. All food, water, lodging is covered!!