Title: Logistics Coordinator
Reports to: Program Director
Starting Salary: $17.10-20.67/hr DOE
Location: Tucson, AZ
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt, Hourly
Benefit Eligible: Health, Vision, Dental, Long-Term Disability, Retirement, Paid Time Off
Arizona Conservation Corps (AZCC) operates conservation service programs across Arizona that engage future leaders to protect, restore and enhance our nation’s lands through
community-based service. AZCC has operational bases in Tucson and Flagstaff, AZ. AZCC is a program of Conservation Legacy, a national organization dedicated to supporting locally
based conservation service programs. Conservation Legacy supports programs that connect a diverse group of youth, young adults and recent era military veterans with important
conservation and community projects on public lands for the public benefit. AZCC aims to
continue the legacy of the Civilian Conservation Corps of the 1930s.
The Logistics Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to logistically support crews with equipment, tools, and vehicles. The Logistics Coordinator will visit crews in the field as needed to provide logistical support and to teach field tool repair and maintenance. Evening, overnight and weekend work required on occasion. A flexible schedule is required.
Essential Responsibilities and Functions:
• Manage and organize a clean and efficient operations center (the office and shop).
• In conjunction with Program Coordinators, supervise and manage de-rigs and re-supply for all crews and programs.
• Purchase and repair hand tools, chainsaws and forestry equipment, camp equipment, uniforms, and supplies as needed.
• Purchase supplies for new programs as they arise.
• Manage the repair and maintenance of the Tucson based fleet of vehicles and trailers and
lead driver training for leaders as needed.
• Manage vehicle parking areas.
• Purchase supplies and equipment to maintain the shop.
• Maintain regular inventory of all equipment, tools, and uniforms.
• Maintain chainsaws and chainsaw parts inventory, perform basic chainsaw maintenance.
• Purchase supplies and equipment to maintain the office and the warehouse.
• Oversee and coordinate facility maintenance and repair.
• Coordinate logistics with other AZCC operations to ensure efficient resource utilization across the state.
• Maintain and create organizational systems for logistical management.
Field Support and Risk Management:
• Provide occasional logistical support to AZCC crews in various locations across Arizona
• Respond to crew emergency situations, including last-minute travel and overnight stays.
• Participate in a weekly on-call system for crews in the field.
• Participate in staff trainings both as a trainer and/or trainee.
• Assist with the development and monitoring of risk management policies
• Interview and select crew members as needed.
• Work within the established program budget and report purchases to the Program Director.
• Manage credit card, petty cash, and other expenses related to program operations.
• Complete field site visit reports and any other necessary documentation.
• Meet regularly with the AZCC Logistics Team to go over program purchases, budget, and logistical needs across the state, and expenses.
Conservation Legacy is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals and will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to perform essential job functions. Some positions may require periodic overnight travel, non-traditional work hours,ability to move across varied terrain, use program-specific tools and a range of technology on an infrequent or frequent basis. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Ability to safely drive an organizational vehicle may also be required for some positions.
• Exhibits the ability to effectively work on diverse teams or with a variety of populations,
including those underrepresented at AZCC.
• Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with AZCC staff and supervisors.
• Ability to work well with others and to seek assistance when needed to carry out
• Proficiency with office software including Microsoft Office Suite programs and
applications, or similar platforms, and data-based management.
• Experience with influencing diverse groups of employees to achieve common goals.
• Flexibility, adaptability, and capacity to work in a fluid, changing work environment.
• The ability to carry out assigned work independently or with minimal supervision.
• The ability to communicate effectively, manage complexity, cultivate innovation, drive and
influence results of oneself and others.
• Full vaccination against COVID-19 by the first day of employment and ability to provide proof of
vaccination before starting
• Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
• Must be able to pass the organization’s criminal history check requirements.
• Experience with AZCC or other conservation corps, professional trail and/or fire crew, or
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Experience in hand tool repair and maintenance, fleet management, and small engine repair.
• Instructor experience and certification in current CPR & WFR or WFA or the ability to obtain it.