Archbold Biological Station and its partner site University of Florida Range Cattle Research Center (UF RCREC) are part of the Long-term Agroecosystem Research Network (LTAR https://ltar.nal.usda.gov), a network of 18 agroecosystems across the United States that seek to address the grand challenge of maintaining multiple ecosystem services in food production systems. The Archbold-UF LTAR consists of three research sites dispersed across agricultural and conservation lands throughout south central Florida, totaling nearly 9,000 ha.
The Archbold-UF LTAR is in search of a dedicated Assistant Data Manager to assist with organization and dissemination of data associated with their sites. Our ideal candidate is someone who loves databases and coding but has a background in (or interest in) agroecology and sustainable food production and understands its importance to society. We are looking for someone who doesn’t mind being on a computer all day working through data issues, and problem solving our data management needs. We need someone who is creative and driven, and will take initiative to help Archbold and LTAR best manage our data.
More information at http://www.archbold-station.org/html/aboutus/employ.html
• Degree in Biology, Environmental Science, Computer Science or related field, with relevant coursework/equivalent work experience using relational databases preferred
• Experience with Microsoft Access, Word and Excel is required
• Experience with R, Microsoft SQL Server, VBA coding, MS Access form design and macro creation preferred
• Ability to troubleshoot network data flow connections, database errors, VBA code
• Ability to work with diverse data types
• Ability to work with research staff, outside agencies and other stakeholders such as cattle ranchers
• Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, and ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
• Good verbal and written communication/documentation skills