CWD Processing Center Assistant - LTE
LTE will work under the direction of the CWD Processing Center Manager and the Wildlife Health section. This position is based at the CWD Processing Center in Black Earth, WI. Some in-state travel is required within the southern part of WI. Some weekend and evening hours are required.
60% * Remove tissue samples from deer
* Assist with tissue processing, archiving, and submission for testing
* Assist with training and supervision of volunteers and DNR staff involved in CWD sampling
* Follow CWD processing center set-up/clean-up, equipment maintenance, disinfection, and safety protocols
* Interact with hunters during in-person CWD sampling and over the phone and provide general CWD information to hunters
* Perform CWD sampling duties at DNR stations
* Assist with sick deer response
40% * Assist with CWD data entry, analysis, clean-up, and reporting
* Recover missing CWD data from hunters
10% * This could include assisting with diagnostic necropsies, non-CWD data entry/data clean-up projects, or other (non-CWD) wildlife disease surveillance
Background in wildlife management. Must have excellent communication skills, ability to communicate with general public, hunting community, and business owners. Possess computer skills including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and email. Possess organizational skills and ability to work independently, be a team player, self-motivated, and to work with a wide range of people and attitudes. Some in-state travel is required within the southern part of WI. Some weekend and evening hours are required. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Due to travel requirements, you must have a valid Driver's license, a minimum or two years licensed driving experience and must be at least 18 years of age.
Background in wildlife management related to deer and wildlife health. Ability to read and use plat maps, gazetteers, and aerial photos.
View application instructions on the website via the link above
NOTE - We are looking to hire one person for this position in conjunction with the Central Office - Madison Wildlife Biologist position, WI DNR job request ID #12309. Please submit application materials for both if interested.