Natural resources and environmental related job listings. Includes internships, graduate fellowships, faculty positions and scholarships.
Manager of Lakes and Fisheries-Georgia
Four Oaks Plantation, GA
Full time Positions
Salary is competitive, commensurate with experience.
Last Date to Apply
We are currently accepting applications for the Manager of Lakes and Fisheries position at Four Oaks Plantation in Thomasville, GA. In addition to acting as head fishing guide, the incumbent will oversee all management activities related six aquatic systems on the plantation. Responsibilities include the following:
• Oversee all lake and boathouse operations
• Maintain fishing structures
• Monitor and maintain water levels and water quality
• Maintain lake aerators and blowers
• Maintain water control structures
• Oversee fertilization and vegetation control
• Oversee and maintain landscaping
• Coordinate with and assist Aviation Department for arrivals, departures, and maintenance
• Develop fish stocking plans and coordinate with vendors
• Maintain and oversee data collection
• Boat procurement, maintenance, and upkeep
• Purchase and maintain fishing tackle and supplies
• Install and maintain feeders
• Fishing strategy
• Electrofishing as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in one of the natural sciences plus two years of fisheries management experience or a master’s degree with an emphasis on fisheries management.
• Knowledge of fishing methods and techniques associated with Largemouth bass.
• Knowledge of conventional and fly-fishing tackle.
• Experience with electrofishing, data collection and analysis.
• Ability to trailer and operate a vessel up to 25 ft in length.
• Ability to lift loads of 50 lbs.
• Availability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
• Incumbent will be expected to obtain certification in aquatic herbicide application.
Please submit resumes/inquiries to Jay.firstname.lastname@example.org