Gulf Specimen Marine Laboratory’s mission is to further through study, research, publication, teaching and public display the knowledge of marine biology; to promote protection of marine life and the marine environment; to collect, classify and disseminate marine biological specimens.
- Create marketing and social media ad campaigns, newsletters, new educational content
- Grow and expand the organization’s social media presence by creating and distributing engaging written or graphic posts through active media engagement with customers and visitors
- Manage visitors at the gift shop and answer emails and calls from customers at front desk office
- Schedule field trips and take specimen orders over the phone
- Research topics for compelling, education-entertainment content
- Continually monitor social media channels to ensure brand and identity are positively represented
- On- and off-site promotional events with radio stations and media partners
This job will be about 50% social media and marketing and 50% office work.
To apply send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- High school diploma is required
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or working towards a bachelor’s degree in marketing/ related field is preferred but can be substituted with equivalent relevant experience.
- Background or experience in social media, marketing and mass communication is preferred
- Must be computer literate and work with Microsoft Office, WordPress and Constant Contact.
- Experience or ability to quickly learn copywriting, simple web design and content creation skills.
- Experience with major social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram)
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Strong writing skills.
- Interest in sea life and marine biology is a plus.