American Bird Conservancy
Title: Marketing Manager
Supervisor: Director of Digital Communication
Location: While ABC staff are currently working remotely, location preferred in the Plains, VA or Washington, DC; remote work also a possibility
Submission Deadline: October 2, 2020
We are looking for a creative, team-oriented, data-driven marketer to expand brand awareness and the base of support for American Bird Conservancy, a leader in nature conservation across the Western Hemisphere. This position will primarily lead our email marketing program and online fundraising; it will also play a role in deploying ABC branding and advertising. The Digital Marketing Manager will develop, implement, and manage marketing campaigns and associated activities that drive web traffic, acquire leads, and increase membership and financial support.
• Lead, monitor, and refine multi-channel brand awareness and fundraising campaigns (email, social media, web)
• Manage and grow ABC email marketing program, including:
o working with stakeholders to develop and implement overall email marketing strategy
o instituting best practices, such as for list segmentation and clean-up
o improving email template design
o developing organic and paid lead generation strategies
o writing emails that get results (e.g., donations, petition signatures)
o support transition to new CRM
• Handle all aspects of online fundraising to increase revenue:
o work with Development and Communications staff to set campaign themes and fundraising goals
o write fundraising content for emails, social media, and web pages
o monitor fundraising progress and refine tactics if needed
• Support online advocacy program by developing emails and social media campaigns that inspire actions, including petition signatures and behavior change (e.g., keeping cats indoors, treating windows to prevent bird collisions)
• Support marketing needs of other ABC programs, including managing advertising for print and radio
• Evaluate and propose alternative/additional advertising platforms
Proven work experience (3+ years) as an email marketing manager or digital marketing specialist; proficiency in marketing automation technology
BA/BS or equivalent working experience
Excellent written communication and copywriting skills, including proven ability to craft engaging emails, social media posts, and website content
Strong project management skills and ability to work under tight deadlines with multiple stakeholders
• Medical, dental, and 403(b) plan.
• Paid vacation days, holidays, and sick leave.
American Bird Conservancy exercises fair and equitable employment practices. ABC will not discriminate in its hiring and employment practices on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.