The Prescott College Kino Bay Center for Cultural and Ecological Studies seeks an Intern to contribute to regional conservation efforts through visual media, creative communication and information exchange. The Kino Bay Center is Prescott College’s field station on the central shores of the Gulf of California in Sonora, Mexico.
The Information Center (IC) makes important information usable and accessible to bilingual and culturally diverse community members, students, resource managers, researchers, and funders. In addition to the physical information resources maintained by the field station, the Kino Bay Center regularly hosts training workshops and regional conferences to apply information toward progress on specific inter-institutional and community-based conservation initiatives. The IC inspires collaborative and multicultural approaches to complicated conservation issues.
• Excellent visual media skills (photography, video, graphic design, slideshows, etc.)
• Excellent writing and editing skills; professional level English required; Spanish highly desirable
• Experience managing social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
• Familiarity with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Excel
• Ability to work and live as a part of a bilingual team in a remote communal field station in a small fishing village in northwestern Mexico
See full application on our website - https://kino.prescott.edu/