About the Position:
The Membership Coordinator is an integral member of the team responsible for raising $2.5 million annually to support the mission of Mohonk Preserve. The Membership Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the daily data entry of memberships, business memberships, gifts, and event registrations, ensuring they are processed correctly and efficiently.
Duties include timely membership card processing and gift acknowledgement. This position provides customer service via phone, email and in-person, processes mailings and fulfills other duties necessary to support the Membership program. The Coordinator also performs routine data clean-up tasks to ensure the optimal performance of Salesforce systems and products.
The Coordinator reports to the Associate Director of Membership & Database Administration.
Low $50s per year; Mohonk Preserve membership for the duration of the position.
Membership and Business Membership Processing (50%)
• Responsible for overseeing and processing memberships, reconciling daily reports, event registrations and donor acknowledgments
• Ensure data entry accuracy and retrieve data efficiently for membership and gift processing
• Create and print membership cards, acknowledgement letters and process mailings, double checking against reports for accuracy
• Perform regular data maintenance and cleanup tasks
• Proactively identify opportunities for systems and workflow improvement, recognize potential issues and provide and implement recommendations for solutions. Identify opportunities for service enhancements and productivity efficiencies
Customer Care (35%)
• Provide customer service to members and other constituents by phone, email, or in person
• Assist customers in navigating their online accounts and transactions
• Manage lost and replacement membership cards and returned mail
• Proactively recommend business process, website, and other changes to improve members’ experience
• Membership budget management
• Process membership donations
• Coordinate Library Lending Program
• Support special events, as needed
Additional details & how to apply: https://www.mohonkpreserve.org/who-we-are/jobs-fellowships-and-internships/
Desired Skills and Experience:
At Mohonk Preserve, our highest priority is finding the best candidate for the job. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our described qualifications or have a less traditional background.
• A college degree or equivalent work/life experience
• Two years of experience in CRM data entry/management, preferably Salesforce
• Advanced computer skills required; experience with Microsoft Office 365 applications and remote work platforms required (e.g., Teams, Zoom)
• Two years of superior customer care experience including ability to listen to a customer’s needs or concerns
• Exemplary oral & written communication skills with ability to communicate with various audiences
• Have a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice to ensure that all people are respected and welcomed at the Mohonk Preserve. This includes participating in ongoing education and other work the organization undertakes to develop and incorporate these principles
• Willing to work some irregular hours including weekends, evenings, and holidays
• Bonus skills
o Experience with conservation organizations