CMEC is seeking an energetic, self-motivated, and resourceful mid-level ecologist to join our team. Duties may include planning, implementing, and personally conducting biological surveys (for migratory birds, threatened/endangered species) and habitat assessments, vegetative assessments (knowledge of Texas species a must), performing wetland delineations, tree inventories, stormwater/SWPPP inspections, Phase I Environmental Site Assessment preparation, client and resource agency coordination, and preparation of environmental documents (primarily technical reports and environmental assessments for USACE, TPWD, TxDOT, and USFWS review) for projects throughout the region. Compensation will include a competitive salary and benefits package (health, vacation, profit sharing, etc…). Job will include travel and physical work in rough terrain, inclement weather, exposure to wild animals, et cetera.
Candidates should have a solid background in field ecology, biological surveys, technical report writing, species assessments, and federal permitting (USACE, ESA, etc.) Experience in NEPA; infrastructure improvement projects (transportation, water/wastewater, communications, private commercial/residential development, and oil/gas/renewable energy projects); client/review agency interaction; and environmental regulatory compliance is preferred. Candidate must be able to manage multiple concurrent tasks with competing schedules, lead field teams, interface with clients, and travel for field work. Ability to manage projects (i.e. allocate staff, negotiate schedules, determine scopes, and deliver quality products to meet Client expectations) is preferred. Familiarity with GPS data collection, a broad range of ecological communities, wetland delineation, and prior consulting experience is required. This position is ideal for a mid-level ecologist who is seeking career expansion in the dynamic environment of a growing environmental company.
• 4-8+ years of experience required in field ecology;
• Working knowledge of environmental compliance requirements as they relate to public and private infrastructure projects;
• Working knowledge of agencies including USACE, TPWD, TxDOT, USFWS, etc.;
• Position requires the flexibility to travel for project and field work;
• Wetland delineation training and certification is a plus;
• Position requires demonstrated skill and commitment to QA/QC practices;
• Experience working for a small to mid-size multi-disciplinary environmental firm is a plus;
• The candidate will be committed to quality and professionalism;
• Must be a team player!
• B.S. in Ecology, Wildlife Biology, Environmental Science, Forestry, Biology, or a related field.
• Master’s degree in pertinent field preferred. Provide other certification/training information (PWS, AWB/CWB, OSHA 30 hour, HAZWOPER, CPESC or CESSWI, etc.).
If interested, please e-mail (PDF or WORD) a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CMEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.