Responsible for assisting the Environmental Services Department Manager in managing mitigation banking projects and Environmental Regulatory Compliance in support of the District’s Mission. This includes planning of future mitigation projects, maintaining compliance with mitigation banking requirements and managing the business components of the mitigation banking program.
• Ensure program compliance with the existing Mitigation Banking Instruments for Greens Bayou Wetlands Mitigation Bank and Katy Hockley Mitigation Bank.
• Coordinate and oversee all aspects of land management and facilities maintenance at Mitigation Banking properties, including invasive species management, well permit compliance and other maintenance, as needed.
• Coordinate closely with U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Bank Manager pm annual reporting and compliance documentation.
• Meet and negotiate with the Interagency Review Team on future Mitigation Banking Instruments and site plans.
• Manage public inquiries for mitigation credits and maintain credit sales ledger.
• Inform the public on the process of mitigation banking within the mitigation banks.
• Provide formal presentations on multiple topics related to mitigation banking to agencies, potential mitigation bank users and the public.
• Conduct site tours to agencies, potential mitigation bank users and the public to promote and educate mitigation bank users and the public.
• Work with other District Departments and use media to create informational tools.
• Manage environmental contracts by developing contract specifications, meeting with contractors and preparing contracts in coordination with Commissioners’ Court Agenda, as necessary.
• Track projects and financial activities in the District’s applicable database(s).
• Manage consultants and contractors, as necessary, to perform designated tasks.
• Request and review proposals and bids for the mitigation banking projects, and provide oversite of work to be completed.
• Provide quality control and quality assurance of deliverables received from consultants and contractors.
• Provide project management for environmental research, investigations and other projects within the Planning Division, as required.
• Perform other duties that may be added or changed as the course and scope of the job directs.
• Department: Environmental Services
• Position Type: Regular Full Time
• Hours: 40 Hours per week
• Employee Status: Exempt
• Salary: To be discussed in interview
• Location: 9900 Northwest Freeway Houston, TX 77092
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations will be made upon request for applicants with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990. Upon receiving a conditional offer of employment, all applicants are screened for the presence of illegal drugs, alcohol, and the ability to perform physical functions of this position. EOE 07/31/2019.
This position is/may be funded with U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) funds which are subject to compliance with Section 3. Section 3 is a provision of the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968. The purpose of Section 3 is to ensure that employment and other economic opportunities generated by certain HUD financial assistance shall, to the greatest extent feasible, and consistent with existing Federal, State and local laws and regulations, be directed to low- and very low-income persons, particularly those who are recipients of government assistance for housing, and to business concerns which provide economic opportunities to low- and very low-income persons.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor degree from an accredited four-year college or university in any one of the natural or earth sciences, environmental planning, park management or a related field.
• Two years’ experience in wetland or natural resource sciences.
• Strong skills using digital photo management software.
• Experience in mitigation banking or wetland mitigation planning and permitting.
• Experience using ArcGIS or similar mapping applications.
• Valid Texas State licensed ATV Operator to operate four wheel vehicles with trailer, preferred.
• Familiarity using Adobe Acrobat.