Anticipated Start Date: June 1st - July 1st, 2021
• Identify, process, evaluate, and coordinate conservation easement acquisitions within the Morris and Fergus Fall Wetland Management Districts (WMD).
• Work with the PF State Coordinator Fergus Falls and Morris WMD to develop, conduct, and manage restoration & enhancement projects that advance strategic goals.
• Support Realty functions associated with securing conservation easements.
• Coordinate day-to-day operations related to easement restoration projects, such as planning, design, permitting, installation and monitoring of contractor’s projects.
• Assist in tracking budgets, preparing timely deliverables, and arranging staff and partner support for contract-funded habitat restoration and enhancement projects.
• Provide timely updates and reporting on progress.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in an environmental field such as ecology, environmental restoration or natural resource management or
• 3-5 years’ experience working in a related field such as restoration ecology or natural resource management, and a demonstrated understanding of the scientific method.
• Experience in wetland restoration including but not limited to surveying, restoration design, completing required permits, writing contracts and oversight of construction from start to finish.
• Broad understanding of wildlife ecology, wetland and grassland management including the ability to utilize various habitat management tools in the development of management plans.
• Computer, GIS, data analysis, and information management skills including the use of the MS Office suite.
• Excellent written/oral communication skills.
• Project management experience, including budget tracking and reporting, coordination of effective work teams, meetings, and partner engagement.
• Strong organizational and coordination skills, multi-tasking ability, and attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision and with diverse clientele.
• Valid driver’s license required; some use of personal vehicle required (mileage reimbursement provided)
• Experience and understanding of prairie reconstructions.
Please combine your cover letter, resume, and 3 references into ONE Microsoft Word document or Adobe Acrobat PDF file before uploading to our Recruitment website at: www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs.
If you have questions about this position, please contact Eran Sandquist, Minnesota State Coordinator for Pheasants Forever, with any questions: (320) 236-7755, email@example.com.
Pheasants Forever, Inc. and Quail Forever is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled