This is a full-time position working directly with NRCS, BLM, state wildlife agencies, Pheasants Forever Chapters and other in-state conservation partners to coordinate the delivery of wildlife habitat conservation within the states of Wyoming and Montana as well as team with two Regional Representatives as leaders for Pheasants Forever in Montana and Wyoming.
DUTIES & EXPECTATIONS
The State Coordinator will:
• Provide direct oversight, leadership, supervision and guidance to the Pheasants Forever Biologist Teams in MT and WY, ensuring effective conservation delivery and coordination within their areas of responsibility.
• Work with PF/QF West Regional Director, Wy and MT Regional Representatives, and Pheasants Forever Inc. & Quail Forever Marketing Team to provide information focused on promoting in-state strategic conservation efforts to media sources in Montana and Wyoming.
• Coordinate and lead new and existing landscape level habitat initiatives and partnerships that advance our mission in Montana and Wyoming. Examples include the Montana’s Focused Conservation Initiative, Sage Grouse Initiative, Wildlife Corridor Habitat Restoration, state access programs, and several others.
• Coordinate with PF regional reps and partners to Implement PF Education and outreach Programs, providing feedback to program leads to improve, modify, and/ or create PF programs that apply to Montana and Wyoming.
• Assist with state level advocacy and philanthropic activities in Montana and Wyoming.
• Monitor the progress of the PF Biologist Team in the delivery of strategic conservation initiatives, keeping partners aware of timelines and milestones, prepare quarterly written progress reports and a full year summary report to share with all partners.
• Work closely with field practitioners and partner staff to educate them on the proper implementation and utilization of wildlife conservation programs and practices.
• Work closely with partner (NRCS, BLM, Joint Ventures, State agency) staff to provide insight and input related to programs standards and specifications specifically focused on wildlife conservation, assisting with the development and review/update of wildlife related program standards and specifications and enhancements.
• Provide cost-share program, habitat restoration and management training to conservation planners on wildlife habitat.
• Develop relationships with partners within Montana and Wyoming that work to promote wildlife conservation, including working with PF chapters in Montana and Wyoming to inform them of wildlife conservation opportunities in WY/MT.
• Identify opportunities (grants or groups) that will enhance strategic plan achievement. Pursue granting opportunities as they become available. Examples include National Fish and Wildlife Foundation grants, Regional Conservation Partnership Grants, and several others
Minimum qualifications are a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in conservation, biology, agriculture or closely related field with three years of work experience in your field.
Expected experience and skills include:
• Project or habitat plan coordination and execution
• Strong coordination, facilitation, team building, and a collaborative approach
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong background in wildlife management and ecology
• Substantial computer and technology-based understanding
• Planning, budget management, program evaluation, and report writing
• A strong understanding of Farm Bill Programs (EQIP, CSP, ACEP, CRP) specifically as it relates to program implementation, standards and specifications and practice designs.
Desirable experience and skills include:
• Working with federal, state, NGO and private industry partners
• Supervisory or leadership experience
• Grant writing and management and/or general fundraising
• Experience with Montana’s Focused Conservation Effort is a plus
Please combine your cover letter, resume and 3 references into a SINGLE Word document or Adobe Acrobat PDF file before uploading to our Recruitment website at: www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs.
*Please upload your combined document to the “Resume” section of the application*
Additional questions may be directed to: Al Eiden, West Region Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled