The Dakota County Parks system is a growing, thriving natural resource-based park system with over one million visitors annually and 5,500 acres of premiere park land and 32 miles of scenic greenways and regional trails. The work we do and the services we provide are guided by the Parks Department Mission to enrich lives by providing high quality recreation and education opportunities in harmony with natural resource preservation and stewardship.
Dakota County is currently seeking candidates to fill our Natural Resources Manager position. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge and work experience in Natural Resources in order to provide strategic leadership in the management of the Natural Resource Program and supervision of natural resource staff. Additionally, the manager is responsible to effectively:
• restore, conserve, manage, and improve natural resources in Dakota County parks, greenways and properties associated within the Farmland and Natural Area Program
• serve as an expert in the diverse aspects of natural resource management with knowledge of best management practices and current innovation and trends
• lead fund raising efforts and be knowledgeable of available grants and external funding sources
• establish partnerships and promote volunteerism to advance the program
• establish and lead the planning and implementation of the natural resource Capital Improvement Program budget
• serve as the lead regarding natural resource sustainability and related environmental research
• represent the department in county-wide natural resource issues and needs
• Bachelor's Degree focused on natural resource management, parks and recreation or closely related, is required. AND Three years of progressively responsible experience planning natural resource improvements, administration and operations. AND One year of responsible supervisory or lead worker experience.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience. This combination must include at least one year of responsible supervisory or lead worker experience.
• Valid driver license