The Natural Resources Specialist will be an integral member of the Hill AFB Natural Resources Program, coordinating with Program personnel to administer field data from natural resource surveys, digital field-survey forms, and digital survey maps, and to provide other GIS and cartographic support. The Specialist will use their knowledge of natural resource survey and management techniques to provide decision-making support to the Natural Resources Program through analyses of natural resources data, including, but not limited to, telemetry data, habitat-suitability models, and remote-camera images. The Specialist will document data-collection and data-management procedures and assist with field efforts as needed. It is expected that the position will entail spending 75% of the time in an office setting and 25% in the field.
The successful candidate must meet the minimum qualifications listed below.
• M.S. in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Natural Resources, Wildlife Biology, Restoration Ecology, or a similar field; or equivalent experience
• Experience administering large geospatial datasets and natural resources survey data
• Advanced knowledge of ArcGIS, ArcGIS Online, Survey123, and ArcExplorer
• Demonstrated experience conducting natural resource surveys and knowledge of data analysis techniques
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to lift 40 pounds and traverse uneven, steep terrain
• Ability to pass a federal background check to obtain a Common Access Card for access to U.S. Air Force installations and the Air Force network
• Demonstrated U.S. employment eligibility; CEMML will not provide visa sponsorship for this position
Desired qualifications include are las follows.
• Knowledge of environmental regulations pertaining to U.S. Air Force installations
• Familiarity with Air Force Spatial Data Standards for Facilities, Infrastructure, and Environment (SDSFIE)
• Experience using Data Interoperability extension for ArcGIS