Coastal Expeditions South is now hiring for the 2022 season! We are looking for an energetic, nature-loving person to fill a position as a Naturalist Guide.
Coastal Expeditions South is an expanding environmental education and recreation hub based in Beaufort, SC. As a guide with our company you will receive extensive training in safety and outdoor educational skills while gaining an in-depth knowledge of the most breathtaking landscapes in the SC Lowcountry. Additionally, Coastal Expeditions South offers a fun, laid-back work environment, opportunities to network and engage with other environmental entities like the South Carolina State Park Service, as well as ample opportunity to turn a seasonal position into a long-term career with a successful and rapidly expanding company devoted to environmental education.
Duties: Your main role as a naturalist for Coastal Expeditions South will be working on our boat tours to educate guests about the incredible natural and human history found in Beaufort and the surrounding Sea Islands. We are looking for someone who is flexible and enthusiastic about outdoor education and new opportunities. Basic day-to-day responsibilities are:
- Assisting captains with tours: first-mate duties, cleaning boats and gear, helping clients
- Guiding tours and educating the public on salt-marsh and barrier island ecology as well as human history of Beaufort County
- Filling in on various projects as needed
This position is seasonal with an ideal start date of March 1st or earlier, lasting through November 30th. Weekend and holiday work is expected and this is an hourly position.
- Positive attitude
- Good work ethic
- Flexible and eager to learn
- Ability to work in an incredibly hot, humid, and buggy environment while being happy about it!
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Previous guiding experience