The Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center is hiring for the position of permanent, full-time naturalist. Salary begins at $29,000 a year, with benefits that include paid time off, group health insurance, and retirement plan matching. The position has a 40-hour work week May through October, and a 32-hour work week November through April.
Responsibilities: The primary responsibility for the position is speaking and interacting with visitors. Educate visitors about bears, wolves, birds-of-prey, and other species native to the Yellowstone ecosystem in both presentation and informal formats. Contribute to the development of educational content as needed. Assist with administrative tasks, such as group reservations. Enforce safety guidelines. Assist with grounds upkeep. Applicants must be able to perform physical activity such as sweeping, shoveling snow, or cleaning public spaces. This position does not involve hands-on work with animals.
E-mail a cover letter and resume demonstrating your qualifications to email@example.com. We will begin to review applications as they are received, and the vacancy will remain open until positions are filled. Top candidates will have at least one phone interview. We will fill positions based on candidate availability potentially as early as October 1, 2022.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience applicable to wildlife or ecology education
- Experience demonstrating public speaking, education, and customer service skill
- Must be flexible to work weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Experience educating diverse age groups from young children to senior adults
- Experience in interpretation and education in a zoo setting
- Or, experience with wildlife management or public parks that includes education
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Completion of a relevant certification, such as NAI’s Certified Interpretive Guide