Nevada Conservation Corps Recruitment & Compliance Coordinator
Founded in 1999, the NCC is a well-established statewide environmental program with more than 175 annual participants. This position will lead aspects of program outreach, recruitment, on-boarding, and administration of AmeriCorps volunteers for the Great Basin Institute’s Nevada Conservation Corps AmeriCorps program. We are seeking an energetic, outgoing, organized, detail oriented, and highly motivated individual to continuously improve existing program recruitment and outreach materials, as wells as explore new recruitment tools and outlets. This position will work closely with the NCC Program Director to manage all aspects of AmeriCorps compliance as it relates to policies and procedures, paperwork/file processing, participation tracking, and reporting for the Great Basin Institute’s Nevada Conservation Corps AmeriCorps program.
Essential functions and duties will include:
• Advertise and market all available volunteer and employment opportunities via GBI’s website, on-line job boards, newspapers, social media outlets, posters, public presentations, job fairs, community events, etc.;
• Develop and maintain relationships with colleges/universities, professional societies, non-governmental organizations, and other sources to maintain program visibility for potential candidates;
• Screen, interview, complete reference checks, and conduct federal and state background checks for 175 AmeriCorps volunteer positions;
• Lead weekly outreach & recruitment meetings to provide regular updates to GBI senior leadership on the status of program recruitment efforts;
• Generate, distribute, collect, file, and monitor submission for all required AmeriCorps volunteer paperwork;
• Assist NCC Program Director with administrative tasks, including tracking AmeriCorps volunteer service, training, and fundraising hours, attendance, time off requests, payroll processing, volunteer performance evaluations, and enrollment and exit from the AmeriCorps grant;
• Lead AmeriCorps member personnel file audit program to ensure compliance with AmeriCorps grant requirements;
• Assist with program and organizational reporting;
• Perform other tasks/ projects as assigned.
Reports To: Nevada Conservation Corps Program Director
• Bachelor’s Degree or certification in Human Resource Management preferred;
• One year of work experience with Conservation Corps or in the non-profit sector preferred;
• Experience with AmeriCorps or community volunteer management;
• Strong organizational skills, detailed oriented, and highly motivated to seek continuous improvement;
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Applicant Tracking and Human Resource Information Systems;
• Ability to pass a National Sex Offender Registry, FBI Fingerprint, and State fingerprint criminal history background checks.
• A valid driver’s license with no major infractions in the past three years;
• Ability to work a flexible schedule.
HOW TO APPLY:
To learn more and apply, please follow the link below: