This position will provide a unique opportunity to join an effective team working with innovative approaches and partnerships to benefit the wildlife resources in Nebraska. This position is full-time, with benefits in a home office environment. With demonstrated skills and results, the position will have the opportunity to take on a wide array of responsibilities and duties.
• Develop and administer databases to track public hunting access programs including Open Fields and Waters and the Berggren Pheasant Plan.
• Administer public hunting access program payments and work with partners to ensure efficient delivery of the state program.
• Develop and administer databases to track Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever chapter activities and fundraising results.
• Work with state program staff and landowners to order grass and wildflower seed mixtures developed to meet state and federal standards.
• Assist Habitat Partnerships Specialist and State Coordinator with administrative duties including tracking Pheasants Forever Field Staff activities and compiling work reports
• Assist in website updates and staff contact lists.
• Assist in development of educational and promotional materials, officer contact lists, and logistical planning for Regional Representatives and PF & QF Chapters.
• Develop and maintain relationships with program partners and state agencies.
• Assist in the logistical planning of conferences, staff meetings, and other events
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to be detail oriented and organized.
• Demonstrated ability to produce accurate reports and summaries.
• Familiarity with Microsoft software packages including Word, Excel and Access. Ability to create and manage databases.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team approach to accomplish desired goals and outcomes.
Additional Skills Include:
• Ability to work out of a home office. All office equipment required for the position is supplied.
• Typing skills of 45 wpm or more.
• Maintaining and updating website and assisting with social media content on a weekly basis.
• Assist staff in planning state meetings, habitat workshops, legislative gatherings and other meetings of importance to chapters and resource professionals.
• Updating computer software packages.
• Maintain accurate financial reports for partnership programs and prepare financial deposits.
Education and Experience Preferred: Applicant should be detail oriented, innovative and a resourceful self-starter that is able to work with minimal supervision. Must be team oriented, with good oral and written communication skills.
Please combine your cover letter, resume and 3 references into a SINGLE Microsoft Word document or PDF file before uploading to the “Resume” section of your application on the Recruitment website at: www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs
*ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.*
Contact: Ashley Nelson, Habitat Partnership Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-416-2671.
Pheasants Forever, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other category that may be protected by law.