Versar is seeking a Mid Level NEPA Specialist with strong technical skills to support the preparation of EISs and EAs for complex and often controversial projects nationwide, including construction, and resource planning; and energy, transportation, and other infrastructure projects and programs.
• Preparation, planning, and analysis/review of technical studies, permit applications, NEPA documents, and similar reports/documents.
• DOPAA preparation, as well as environmental baseline and impacts preparation for various resource areas.
• Implement QA/QC procedures.
• BS degree in environmental science, engineering, planning, or related field required.
• 8+ years technical and/or field experience in complex environmental planning projects which involve NEPA; experience with: DoD (specifically Air Force and Navy) a plus.
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
• Proven client management skills with Navy, Air Force, BLM, Army, Coast Guard, US Customs and Border Protection, or other related agencies are a must.
• Technical and/or field experience with environmental impact issues, associated permit processes and documentation preparation/review are a must.
• Public participation, agency coordination, planning, and programming experience a plus but not required.
• Excellent communication skills, as well as strong conceptual, organizational, problem solving and research abilities.
• Ability to work collaboratively with team members and clients and show demonstrated expertise in managing several complex tasks simultaneously.
• Detail-oriented, organized, and team player with a strong focus on quality and client service.
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and capable of obtaining government security clearance and/or Common Access Card (CAC)
For consideration, please submit your resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org