Assist with operation of managed goose hunt, deer check and sample collection, and maintaining State Game Area in Allegan County. Tasks may include habitat maintenance such as mowing of fields or treatment of invasive species, operation of tractors with implements, vehicle barrier installation/maintenance, maintenance of shooting range, office cleaning, lawn care, sign posting, equipment/building maintenance, waterfowl banding, wildlife sample collection, crop damage inspections, and other duties as assigned.
Number of Positions: 1 – 2 of each type
Work Hours: Mon – Fri (min. 2 days per week desired, 28 hours/week or as needed)
· Education: Educational level typically acquired through completion of high school.
· Experience: No specific amount or type is required.
· Possess a valid driver’s license.
· May be required to have a medical examiner’s certification (health card) as an employee that will operate a vehicle with a
Gross Vehicle Weight rating (GVWr) of 10,001 pounds or more, or a combination vehicle with a Gross Combination
weight rating (GCWr) of 10,001 pounds or more. The cost of the medical examination will be covered by the State of Michigan.
· Education: Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate.
Possession of or working towards a degree in Wildlife Management, Wildlife Biologist, or a related field.
· Flexibility to work various hours and dates, up to 40 hours per week, including some weekends.
· Ability to work independently and to communicate well with co-workers and the public.
· Knowledge and experience operating agricultural and construction equipment
· Knowledge of the safe operation and maintenance of hand tools, power tools, and chainsaws.
· Knowledge or experience relating to wildlife or DNR programs.
· Knowledge and ability to identify Michigan flora and fauna
· Ability to accurately read a map
· May be assigned duties that require the application of pesticides, which may require certification or registration as a pesticide applicator in compliance with the Pesticide Control Act of 1976.
· Possession of a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
· Ability to work outdoors all day in various types of weather.
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter, resume, and completed DNR application form (Form PR-7123e) to the Allegan State
Game Area, 4590 – 118th Avenue, Allegan, MI 49010 no later than September 28, 2018 at 1:00pm.
ATTENTION: Maria Albright. Or fax to 269-686-9156.
The DNR application can be found at: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/dnr/PR7123e_DNR_NONCAREER_
Note: Civil Service Rule 2-7 requires that all newly hired state employees submit to and pass a preemployment
drug test prior to their actual start.
The Department of Natural Resources is an equal opportunity employer.
If you have any questions, please contact Maria Albright at 269-673-2430 or email@example.com or Don Poppe at firstname.lastname@example.org .