The Game Bird program at Tall Timbers Research Station is looking for an individual to assist with Northern Bobwhite trapping and Northern Bobwhite radio-telemetry during the fall/ winter season. In addition to daily monitoring of radio-tagged individuals this person will be responsible for participating in covey call surveys, small mammal trapping, and hawk surveys. Additional but less consistent duties may include assisting with outreach events and assisting various graduate students in their data collection. All trapping efforts are conducted at night while covey call surveys are conducted during pre-dawn hours, individuals interested in this position must be comfortable with odd hours and night work. We are seeking someone who is independent, motivated and who possesses a positive attitude.
1) B.S. in wildlife or related field or working toward a B.S. degree
2) An interest in game bird ecology and management.
3) Previous field research and computer experience is preferred.
4) Experience with telemetry preferred.
5) Individuals need a valid driver's license and have a good driving record.
1) Free housing is available on site.
2) Compensation: $230/week ($920/month)
3) Starting Date: January 1st 2018 (Flexible)
4) Position Length: 16 weeks
5) Last Date to apply: Open until filled
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 references via email in the form of a single pdf named by the following format “LastName_FirstName.pdf”