The Game Bird program at Tall Timbers Research Station is looking for an individual to assist with Northern Bobwhite research on Dixie Plantation. Dixie Plantation is a 9100 acre wild bobwhite plantation located in Jefferson County, Florida. It has been owned and operated by Tall Timbers since December 2013. Primary duties will consist of tracking bobwhite via radio-telemetry and trapping bobwhite via funnel traps. This person will also be responsible for participating in small mammal trapping and raptor surveys. Additional but less consistent duties may include assisting with general bobwhite management (i.e., prescribed fire application, tractor work, etc.), outreach events, and assisting various graduate students in their data collection. Individuals interested in this position must be comfortable with odd hours and night work. We are seeking someone who is independent, motivated and who possesses a positive attitude.
1) B.S. in wildlife or related field or working toward a B.S. degree
2) An interest in game bird ecology and management.
3) Previous field research and computer experience is preferred.
4) Individuals need a valid driver's license and have a good driving record.
1) Free housing is available on site.
2) Compensation: $230/week ($920/month)
3) Starting Date: January 15th 2018 (Flexible)
4) Position Length: 16 weeks
5) Last Date to apply: Open until filled
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 references via email in the form of a single pdf named by the following format “LastName_FirstName.pdf”