Description: Seeking one Research Technician to assist with Northern Bobwhite trapping, radio-telemetry tracking, and nest searching and checking of Northern Bobwhite as well as other associated fieldwork as part of larger experimental studies. Data entry, equipment maintenance, and other various duties will be required upon request of the supervisors. Selected individuals will also gain numerous opportunities to interact directly with the Georgia DNR. Employees will be working with minimal supervision on site and so must be comfortable working independently. Previous experience with radio-telemetry is desired. Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Excel, databases and ArcGIS is desired. Applicants must be comfortable occasionally working alone after dark. Applicants should be able to lift up to 25 lbs for brief periods and should be willing to work in inclement weather.
Salary: $10.25/hour, plus field housing
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: September 31, 2021
Last Day to Apply: Position will be open until filled
Nest searching and monitoring: 30%
Data entry: 10%
Other fieldwork: 10%
1. An interest in game bird management and ecology and snake ecology
2. Previous telemetry, field research, and computer experience is preferred
3. Willingness to work with snakes
4. Individuals need a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record
5. An agreement/understanding of consumptive wildlife management practices
6. A positive attitude and willingness to be a team player
1. Free housing is available on-site.