Natural resources and environmental related job listings. Includes internships, graduate fellowships, faculty positions and scholarships.
Aquatic Environmental Services, Inc.
Full time Positions
Commensurate with experience
Last Date to Apply
Aquatic Environmental Services, Inc. is a fisheries management company located in northern GA. We manage 100's of lakes and ponds throughout Georgia and the SE and worked in twelve states last year. Our team of professionals are highly trained and experienced biologists providing lake management, fish stocking, fishery surveys, liming, mapping, consulting, lake design and fish habit enhancements. Our clients include private and plantations lake owners plus several commercial facilities, and municipalities.
We are looking for an Operations Manager to join our team. This full-time position is responsible for overseeing general company operations and working directly with the President to develop and implement policies related to company operations to accomplish strategic initiatives and growth.
Key responsibilities include:
• Evaluate and improve company systems and operations.
• Evaluate vendor agreements and operating contracts.
• Assist with the management of staff.
• Evaluate employee performance following completion of projects.
• Create and implement performance review system.
• Conduct regular coaching and communication with staff.
• Create a system to inventory, organize, maintain, and update or purchase new company equipment.
• Assist with the Company’s recruiting, hiring, retention, training, and performance activities.
• Oversee financial management and planning with the CEO by engaging in regular meetings around fiscal planning and new business development.
• Review monthly budget(s), P&L, and key performance indicators in conjunction with the CEO to ensure company operates effectively and profitably; adjust as needed.
• Monitor labor productivity and utilization and project costs to ensure profitability and healthy margins.
• Manage firm payroll, including collecting and debiting funds.
• Interact with firm’s internal and external vendors (CPA, etc.) to establish and maintain sound internal accounting practices.
• Create and enforce a culture of safety.
• Analyze services, routes, systems, and processes and implement improvements and optimize staff, resources, and profitability.
• Manage client services to ensure sales and service is meeting key performance indicators; clear, concise, and responsive communication; and customer satisfaction and retention per company goals.
• Create and implement a customer relationship program that includes premium services, responsiveness, education, impeccable service, and additional up- and cross-selling opportunities and referrals.
• Create and implement sales plans and goals that include measurable sales and performance metrics; evaluate and coach staff regularly.
We emphasize a culture of exceptional customer service, professionalism, safety, and expertise.
The right candidate has at least five (5) years of experience in operations-related or management position and two (2) years of industry/technical experience. A Bachelor’s degree in business or related area, or environmental or biological sciences is desired. Must be proficient with various software and productivity technologies including Microsoft Office or Google apps, accounting software; CRM and project management software experience. Candidates must also pass a background check.
In addition to a competitive salary, you will be eligible for:
• Paid time off
• Paid holidays
• Earned comp time in peak season that can be used during non-peak times
• Per diem for eligible projects
• Participation in our Simple IRA and Qualified Small Employer HRA
• Cell phone allowance
• Use of company truck to conduct business
• Gym membership
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE PARTNERING WITH GO-HR TO FILL THIS POSITION. ALL RESUMES AND A COVER LETTER OUTLINING YOUR COMPENSATION EXPECTATION MUST BE SUBMITTED TO INFO@GO-HR.BIZ OR THROUGH THE FOLLOWING LINK http://smrtr.io/q6hAXw. ANY INQUIRIES TO OUR OFFICE WILL BE DIRECTED TO GO-HR.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate based on military or veteran status or any other legally protected classification. This is a non-smoking, drug-free environment. This job posting is designed to be a good representation of the job requirements but is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.