Tri-State Bird Rescue & Research seeks to add an Operations Specialist to its Oiled Wildlife Programs team. The Operations Specialist contributes to program operations through developing and maintaining wildlife response capabilities that ensure Tri-State provides the best possible care to animals during an incident that involves contaminated wildlife. The Operations Specialist reports to the Oil Programs Manager.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Be prepared to respond at a moment’s notice to an emergency event involving wildlife
• Participate in all aspects of oiled wildlife response
• Supervise and direct volunteers/personnel
• Assist in maintaining response readiness, including facilities and personnel
• Represent the organization in response exercises, meetings, trainings, and conferences
• Contribute to the development of oiled wildlife response protocols, plans and training
• Assist with organizing and presenting professional training workshops
• Work to expand business opportunities related to oiled wildlife preparedness and response
For a full job description and requirements please see: https://tristatebird.org/careers/
• Minimum requirement: Degree in Biology, Wildlife Management, Veterinary Technology, or equivalent.
• 1-2 years’ experience working with or around animals; including knowledge of wildlife rehabilitation.
• Skills in facility maintenance.
• Ability to understand and follow safety requirements necessary to work around hazardous materials.
• Ability to travel on short notice.
• Have strong organizational, record-keeping, computer, and analytical skills.
• Possess excellent writing, communication, and public speaking skills.
• Be able to work efficiently and make quick decisions.
• Completion of ICS 100, 200, 700, and 800 within a year of hire.
• Completion of Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) training within 6 months of hire.
• Maintain a valid driver’s license.
• Must possess or be able to obtain a U.S. Passport and a TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Credential).