The program combines a unique opportunity to work in varied curriculums and educate children in forestry/mountain ecology.
Exploration Hannon teaches students how to determine if a new plot of land is acceptable for human life. From hiking to the waterfall to learn about mountain and aquatic ecology to stream mapping and a zip line canopy tour, this program uses exciting activities to enable children to learn by participating in hands-on activities. Exploration Hannon takes you through an experience that will last you a lifetime.
• Regularly teach at least two curriculum components in the program
• Develop and teach at least one elective component relating to some environmental issue or personal interest.
• Lead students in daily program activities (wake-up, flagpole, meals, canteen, and campfire).
• Be actively involved in all program activities, leading and participating in evening recreational and instructional times as scheduled.
• Assist with routine clean up and set up of program areas.
• Perform direct supervision of children while involved with activities.
• Facilitate groups utilizing adventure activities.
• BA or BS in Environmental Education, Natural Sciences, Forestry, Geology, Education, or related field is preferred.
• Must have patience, understanding, flexibility, and a lot of energy.
• Must demonstrate teaching skills and the ability to implement creative “hands on” teaching methods.
• Must be willing to sacrifice, adapt and work hard as part of a team pursuing an objective.
• Must be physically able to perform the tasks required to teach outdoors.
• Must be willing to work long hours.
Twice a month pay of $550-$600 plus room, board, and a sickness/accidental insurance plan.
Contact: You can send resumes to Candice Heatherly via email at email@example.com
Clemson University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group of individuals on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information.