Camp Bob Cooper, Summerton, SC
Teaching Kids about the Environment (K.A.T.E.) : KATE features academically based, hands-on exploration of forestry, soils, water ecology and wildlife resources. Activities include GPS navigation, team building, canoeing, high adventure, portable planetarium, birding, outdoor living skills and more! All curriculums align with South Carolina state standards.
• Regularly teach at least two curriculum components in the field study programs
• Lead students in daily program activities (wake-up, flagpole, meals, canteen, and campfire).
• Be actively involved in all program activities, leading and participating in evening recreational and instructional times as scheduled.
• Assist with routine clean up and set up of program areas.
• Perform direct supervision of children while involved with activities.
• Facilitate groups utilizing adventure activities.
Twice a month pay of $550-$600 plus room, board, and a sickness/accidental insurance plan.
Contact: Send resumes to Candice Heatherly at email@example.com
• BA or BS in Environmental Education, Natural Sciences, Forestry, Geology, Education
• Must have the patience, understanding, flexibility, and a lot of energy.
• Must demonstrate teaching skills and the ability to implement creative “hands on” teaching methods.
• Must be willing to sacrifice, adapt and work hard as part of a team pursuing an objective.
• Must be physically able to perform the tasks required to teach outdoors.
• Must be willing to work long hours.