The employee will work in joint capacity with Pheasants Forever, Inc. (PF) and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) to coordinate, promote, and implement priority partnership initiatives and partnership outreach statewide. This position will work with PF, NRCS, and USFWS staff to expand shared priorities such as monarch and pollinator conservation programs, Farm Bill programs, habitat programs, youth and diversity initiatives, and coordinate outreach events. This position will work closely with PF Chapters to provide event guidance and training to chapter volunteers, enhance program evaluation, and promote mentoring. This position will market events and inform the public of current programs, projects and efforts using a variety of communication platforms and tools including but not limited to social media, press releases, videography, and other media outlets.
This position will require sound interpersonal skills, demonstrate strong oral and written communications skills, and project management. This effort will provide an opportunity to make significant contributions to conservation by working with others throughout the state. A strong candidate will demonstrate a passion for working with the public, conservation, and outdoor education. Travel will be expected throughout the state of Minnesota.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent oral and written communication, coordination and organizational skills
• Must be comfortable with public speaking, have excellent people skills with an overall enjoyment of teaching and working with people
• Ability to work independently with little supervision to accomplish goals
• Extensive knowledge of marketing, journalism, social media technology best practices and education program development and delivery
• Videography skills including video development, editing and placement/delivery
• Knowledge of hunting and shooting sports in Minnesota
• Valid driver’s license required with an acceptable driving record and history
• Ability to organize, develop, and implement educational and outreach activities, including workshops, seminars, and publications
• Must be innovative and resourceful with a positive and professional attitude
• A strong passion for conservation, the outdoors, youth, and hunting is required
Education and Experience Guideline:
Applicant should possess a minimum of an Associate’s Degree and three years of field related experience. Experience in marketing, journalism, social media and videography, education and event coordination preferred. The ideal candidate has a passion for the outdoors and outdoor education with education, marketing, videography and writing experience.
To apply, visit our website at: www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs
ONLY APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED THROUGH THE PHEASANTS FOREVER WEBSITE WILL BE ACCEPTED. Your complete application materials should include a cover letter that outlines your interest in the position and your qualifications, along with a detailed resume, and three references, as one MS Word document or Adobe Acrobat PDF file uploaded to the “Resume” section of your application on the Recruitment website. If selected for an interview, you will be asked to provide example materials you have created.
For more information about the position, contact: Eran Sandquist, PF State Coordinator, at 763-242-1273 or firstname.lastname@example.org.