The employee will work in joint capacity with Pheasants Forever, Inc. (PF) and the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission (NGPC) to coordinate and promote partnership outreach events along with hunter Recruitment, Retention, and Reactivation (R3) efforts statewide. This position will work with PF and NGPC staff to expand hunter outreach in Nebraska, coordinate outreach events, provide R3 event guidance and training to chapter volunteers, enhance program evaluation, and promote mentoring. This person will market events and inform the public of current programs, projects and efforts through social media, press releases, and other media outlets. Videography skills strongly desired.
This position will require the person to be a self-starter with excellent outdoor education, communication and program coordination skills and a strong work ethic. This effort will provide an opportunity to make significant contributions to conservation outreach in the state. The ideal candidate has a passion for the outdoors with experience in outdoor education, hunter outreach, videography, marketing, communications, and working with the public. Travel will be expected throughout the state of Nebraska.
Essential Job Duties:
• Assist with leadership of the Nebraska Hunter/Shooting Sports Recruitment, Retention and Reactivation (R3) Taskforce and help coordinate Nebraska R3 initiatives to target traditional and non-traditional hunters
• Work with staff to develop materials to promote partnership programs and events including enhanced videography and drone usage
• Work to develop strategic self-help tools for new and current hunters
• Assist in the tracking of Youth Mentor Hunt participants and, in coordination with other partners, develop methods to support new hunters along their recruitment journey by working with our 62 PF/QF chapters
• Develop methods for and implementation of evaluations to determine the efficacy of current and new R3 programs in creating new hunters.
• Recruit, train and motivate PF/QF volunteers to deliver outreach programs within their local community
• Facilitate communication and coordination among conservation organizations to maximize attendance of target audiences at outreach events as well as garner support for new habitat program development
• Utilize social media to communicate the excitement surrounding hunting and mentoring new participants, habitat partnerships and general hunting activities as well as the impacts made by PF/QF and partners in these areas
• Write press releases, newspaper articles, and newsletters to promote events and increase habitat partnership communication
• Assist with the coordination and/or promotion of Youth Pollinator Events, Youth Mentor Hunts, Hunter Education classes, shooting sports activities and connecting participants to recruitment pathways
• Work with local Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever chapters to help fulfill their habitat and youth mission
• This employee will work in coordination with Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever headquarters public relations professionals to ensure all messaging is consistent with the organization’s positions
• This employee will participate in regular training conducted by the public relations team on the organization’s communications best practices, social media guidelines and key messages
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent oral and written communication, coordination and organizational skills
• Must be comfortable with public speaking, have excellent people skills with an overall enjoyment of teaching and working with people
• Ability to work independently with little supervision to accomplish goals
• Extensive knowledge of marketing, journalism, social media technology best practices and education program development and delivery
• Videography skills including video development, editing and placement/delivery
• Knowledge of hunting and shooting sports in Nebraska
• Valid driver’s license required with an acceptable driving record and history
• Ability to organize, develop, and implement educational and outreach activities, including workshops, seminars, and publications
• Must be innovative and resourceful with a positive and professional attitude
• A strong passion for conservation, the outdoors, youth, and hunting is required
Education and Experience Guideline:
Applicant should possess a minimum of an Associate’s Degree and 3 years of field related experience. Experience in marketing, journalism, social media and videography, education and event coordination preferred. The ideal candidate has a passion for the outdoors and outdoor education with education, marketing, videography and writing experience.
To apply, visit our website at: www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs
ONLY APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED THROUGH THE PHEASANTS FOREVER WEBSITE WILL BE ACCEPTED. Your complete application materials should include a cover letter that outlines your interest in the position and your qualifications, along with a detailed resume, and 3 references, as one MS Word document or Adobe Acrobat PDF file on the Recruitment website. If selected for an interview, you will be asked to provide example materials you’ve created.
For more information about the position, contact Kelsi Wehrman, PF State Coordinator at 402-621-0744 or e-mail at: email@example.com.
Pheasants Forever, Inc. is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled