Natural resources and environmental related job listings. Includes internships, graduate fellowships, faculty positions and scholarships.
Paid Whitetail Deer Internship in East Texas
Last Date to Apply
Wilson Wildlife is a whitetail deer breeding ranch located in Tyler Texas. We are seeking an individual who is currently in a wildlife management, habitat management or similar course of study (or grad from) a college or university, to care for the day to day needs of our whitetail deer herd. This is an immediate need and will be open until filled. Wilson Wildlife supports the hunting industry by providing superior genetics to augment our clients deer herds throughout the state of Texas. We also have a retail division that sells top of the line hunting gear such as feeders, blinds and feed to our clients.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Daily feeding of the deer.
- Pen and barn cleaning and maintenance.
- Loading and unloading deliver trucks for feed, equipment and deer.
- Giving tours of the deer pens to ranch VRBO/Air BNB guests.
- Making deliveries with truck and trailer.
- Fence building and repair.
- Chainsaw work.
- Overall ranch cleaning.
- Seasonal duties such as: assisting in tagging deer, microchipping, bottle feeding, artificial insemenation, anesthetising and treating sick or injured animals.
- $1000 monthly stipend.
- Vehicle and fuel provided for ranch business.
- Housing provided
- WiFi provided
- We are willing to work with your institution to provide custom rotations and projects as needed.
- Chance for hunting opportunities as season and schedule permit.
* Dogs and other pets are not allowed. No exceptions.
* Typically interns do not come with spouses or significant others.
* Position will remain open until filled.
- Must be willing to work hard. The job is physically challenging and the animals must be taken care of heat or snow, rain or shine.
- Must be a self starter. The ranch owner currently travels a lot for work. Applicant must be able to see things that need to be done, and complete tasks without being told what to do.
- Must have a love for animals. Aside from their monetary value, our deer are important to us ethically. They must be treated well at all times.
- Must be willing to adapt and perform different duties and tasks depending on the needs of the business.
- Must have a valid and unrestricted drivers license.
- Preferably would have experience with whitetail deer management.
- Preferably would have experience driving a truck and trailer, operating tractors, skid steers, and other ranch equipment.