This is complex customer service in assisting internal and external customers requiring a solid knowledge of the principles and practices of quality customer service. Positions in this classification provide office and administrative support work in directly and indirectly assisting customers in securing park services such as reservations, park programs, registering vehicles and users, providing routine and emergency communication transmission services; and performing routine, varied office support tasks requiring the operation of technical office equipment. Responsibilities require independent judgment in handling exceptions to established work assignments, priorities, schedules, and selecting the most appropriate course of action within established operating procedures.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
· Knowledge of basic clerical procedures such as collecting fees, keeping records, making reservations, and answering questions.
· Knowledge of Park rules, natural resources, and facilities related to visitor and staff conduct.
· Knowledge of Katahdin region recreation opportunities that will enrich visitor experience.
· Ability to communicate effectively.
· Ability to write clearly and effectively.
· Ability to perform basic computations, handle cash, and perform transactions.
· Ability to operate a two-way radio.
· Ability to recognize emergencies, report them, and apply the appropriate level of first aid.
· Ability to perform general maintenance activities such as cleaning, general repairs, splitting firewood, painting signs, and daily check of technical support hardware (batteries, solar panels, etc.).
· Ability to exercise good judgment in appraising situations.
· Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions.
· Ability to participate in and implement safety procedures.
High school diploma or equivalent and some public contact work experience.