Natural resources and environmental related job listings. Includes internships, graduate fellowships, faculty positions and scholarships.
Ph.D. or Postdoc Research Assistant Position – Texas
West Texas A&M University & Texas Tech University
Last Date to Apply
Experiments on the Atmospheric Ice Nucleation with a Cloud Simulation Chamber
Beginning: May-June, 2020
Stipend: To Be Determined (experience pending)
Degree Awarding Institute: Texas Tech University (TTU, Dept. of Environmental Toxicology)
Hiring Institute: West Texas A&M University (WTAMU)
Supervisors: Drs. Naruki Hiranuma (WTAMU) and Todd Anderson (TTU)
West Texas A&M University and Texas Tech University need your help - we seek an energetic & qualified student who has an academic background in Atmospheric/ Environmental Science or Engineering. The successful applicant will obtain a Ph.D. or Postdoc assistantship with experience in aerosol science, cloud physics, in situ microphysical instrumentation, and analysis of data using industrial/scientific software. Please send your resume to Dr. Naruki Hiranuma at email@example.com to schedule an interview.
• Conducting experiments to study biological, physical, and chemical properties of ice-nucleating particles with the guidance of junior/senior scientists.
• Testing recently commercialized Portable Ice Nucleation Experiment chamber (PINE).
• Mentoring undergraduate and graduate students.
• Presenting results at well-recognized conferences, producing the best quality thesis (for a Ph.D. option), and publishing peer-reviewed publications (>2).
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
• General scientific interest in the following areas: atmospheric science, aerosol-cloud-climate interactions, and/or environmental toxicology.
• Special interest in an experimental study on cloud microphysics and ice nucleation.
• Readiness to commute between WTAMU and TTU & travel across nations (valid DL and Passport).
• Good communication skills.
• Familiarity with MatLab, Python, LabView, IDL, and/or IGOR (Bonus/Optional).