Natural resources and environmental related job listings. Includes internships, graduate fellowships, faculty positions and scholarships.
PhD Assistantship: Fish Passage – South Carolina
$22,000 per year
Last Date to Apply
We are seeking a highly-motivated PhD student in fisheries ecology at Clemson University. The student will work closely with agency ecologists on research aimed to improve barrier removal prioritization for stream fish passage in the Southeastern US. This project will involve field reconnaissance of barriers, lab-based studies of fish swimming speed, and landscape-level modeling.
Preferred start date is January 2021, but remote or delayed start is negotiable
Application reviews will begin on 12 October, and will continue until the position is filled
To apply, please send application packets to Dr. Brandon Peoples (email@example.com) with the subject “Fish Barriers Application”. Packets should include in a single PDF
1) a cover letter describing your interest in the project and career goals,
2) your CV, including at least 3 references, and
3) unofficial transcripts/GRE scores.
Successful candidates will have:
• A master’s degree in fisheries, fisheries science, ecology, biology, or equivalent
• Competitive practical experience in fish/fisheries research in the field and lab
• Demonstrated excellence in written, verbal, and quantitative skills
Ideal candidates will have some combination of experience in:
• Fish/stream ecology
• Fish movement
• Lab/tank experiments
• Analysis of large datasets
• Field based data collection