PhD Position in Environmental and Water Resources: Texas
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
Corpus Christi, TX
Last Date to Apply
The Water and Environmental Systems Analysis Lab (WESA) at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi (TAMU-CC) is seeking a PhD student to work on environmental and water resources in coastal regions. The research project aims to analyze the interactions among coastal environmental changes, water systems (stormwater, wastewater and drinking water) and human behaviors, with consideration on hazard mitigation, infrastructure resilience and environmental justice. Within the project framework, the specific research topics of this PhD position will be discussed and determined. This position is funded for up to five years, fully covering the stipend, tuition, and health insurance. For details about the research projects in WESA, please visit www.wesalab.com.
(1) MS degree in environmental science, civil and environmental engineering, ecology, computer science, or a related field.
(2) U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
(3) Underrepresented minority (African Americans, American Indians including Native Alaskans, Hispanics, or Native Pacific Islanders).
Depending on the student’s background and research plan, the student will be admitted to either the Coastal and Marine System Science (CMSS) PhD program or the Geospatial Computing Science (GSCS) PhD program at TAMU-CC.
- Details of the CMSS program: https://www.tamucc.edu/programs/graduate-programs/coastal-and-marine-system-science-ms-phd.php
- Details of the GSCS program: https://www.tamucc.edu/programs/graduate-programs/geospatial-computer-science-phd.php
Interested applicants are encouraged to contact Dr. Zhang (email@example.com). A complete application will include:
(1) A curriculum vitae.
(2) A statement of research experience and interest.
(3) Undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
(4) Two references.
Review of applications will begin immediately. This position will remain open until a finalist is selected.
Please see the details of required qualifications in the job description.