The Adirondack Center for Loon Conservation (ACLC), based in Saranac Lake, New York, is seeking a highly motivated, experienced, and detail-oriented full-time Philanthropy Associate to join our enthusiastic team. The Philanthropy Associate will work closely with the Executive Director and Philanthropy Committee to plan, implement, and oversee the fundraising activities of the ACLC. The Philanthropy Associate will be responsible for maintaining and expanding private donor support and foundation funding, and developing new partnerships in and beyond the Adirondack Park to increase delivery of the Center’s mission.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a development program for a unique wildlife conservation organization in a wonderful and expansive area of New York.
Learn more at www.adkloon.org/aclc-career-opportunities
Our ideal candidate will be friendly, social, outgoing, positive, passionate, cool under pressure, detail and deadline oriented, a quick learner, multi-tasker, have a great sense of humor, and willing to do what needs to be done to make things happen. If you are happy to leap in and get your hands dirty, and don’t know the meaning of “not my job,” then we are looking for you!
Additionally, you should: (1) possess superior interpersonal, verbal, and written communication and organizational skills; (2) have excellent time management skills with the ability to work swiftly, accurately, and independently in a fast paced environment, juggling multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to prioritize; (3) display resourcefulness and independence; (4) be capable of maintaining a high level of confidentiality and discretion; (5) have expertise with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel, and donor database software and maintenance; (6) have the ability to work as a team player, work with multiple constituencies, and mentor volunteers and interns; and (7) be genuinely excited and enthusiastic about learning and pushing technical limits/finding new solutions.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Public Relations, or Communications
• Minimum of three years’ experience in philanthropy, fundraising, and grant writing for a nonprofit organization, or equivalent education and experience, with a successful record of achievement in personally cultivating and securing major and/or planned gifts.
• Proven capacity to formulate and implement fundraising strategies
• Familiarity with environmental/conservation fundraising and New York's Adirondack Park a plus
• Demonstrated ability to interact with a variety of people.
• Demonstrated competency in computer applications, including all Microsoft Office products, donor database software, the internet, and e-mail.
• Prior experience with estate planning and major gift solicitation from a legal, accounting, tax and/or financial planning perspective a plus.
• A valid driver's license or access to personal transportation (with proof of insurance) for travel; if required.
• Some travel and the flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends for ACLC events, required, particularly during the summer.
• Flexibility to work occasional days and weekends for the ACLC’s retail store when needed.
This is a stimulating position, and is best suited for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual who wishes to grow professionally.