The NC Aquarium on Roanoke Island is offering a PAID Pollinator Garden Education Internship. Details:
- The position would ideally start in August and is grant funded for 320 hours. Number of hours/week is dependent on candidate schedule, but ideally would be 32 hours/week for 10 weeks (though flexibility in either direction is possible).
- Pay is $11.32/hr
- Position is grant funded so is not open for renewal, though candidate may be considered for any open positions at end of internship should they exist.
- Education (75%): Intern time will be spent presenting formal and informal presentations in the Pollinator Garden (on site) and also inside the aquarium, as well as developing program content and collecting citizen science data
- Horticulture (25%): Intern will also spend time helping to maintain the Pollinator Garden (planting, weeding, watering) and nursery
- More detailed information as well as application instructions can be found in the job description. To be considered applicants MUST fill out state application (see link to website) and email all application documents in one pdf to intern coordinator for this position.
High school or General Educational Development (GED) diploma and one year of experience as related to knowledge, skills, and abilities in area of assignment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Applicants should prove through their record of work, education, and/or volunteer experience, and/or demonstrate in their interview that they are articulate communicators, have good public speaking and organizational skills, that they interact well with the general public, children, co-workers, and volunteers, and that they are adaptable to different teaching situations. Applicants should also be comfortable with manual labor and working while exposed to unfavorable weather conditions such as heat, wind, and bugs. Knowledge of plants is desirable but not required.