We are seeking a post-doctoral fellow for a NASA-funded project “Leveraging multiscale airborne and spaceborne imaging spectroscopy to monitor grassland plant diversity under different management practices” at Oklahoma State University. The post-doctoral associate will use fine-resolution airborne and coarse-resolution spaceborne DESIS imaging spectroscopic data to determine (1) how grassland management practices affect our ability to detect grassland plant diversity remotely and (2) the mechanisms underlying remote sensing of biodiversity. The primary study site is the Joseph Williams Tallgrass Prairie Preserve, a 150 km2 grassland located in northeastern Oklahoma (https://www.nature.org/en-us/get-involved/how-to-help/places-we-protect/tallgrass-prairie-preserve/). The post-doctoral associate will be based at Oklahoma State University.
The target start date is January 2022. Initial appointment is for one year, with the expectation of renewal for additional 15 months (27 months in total) given satisfactory progress.
Oklahoma State University is a Carnegie Tier-1 university with excellent research facilities. Oklahoma State University is located in Stillwater, OK, rated as the friendliest college town in the U.S. Because of its mid-continent location that spans a broad expanse of habitats, Oklahoma has both prairie and forest ecosystems that support an exceptional level of biodiversity.
Research (e.g., data analysis, data collection, manuscript preparation) (90%)
Training students (10%)
• Ph.D. degree (at the time of appointment) in remote sensing, ecology, plant biology, or other related fields
• Strong programming skills
• Ability to work independently and excellent written and oral communication skills
• First-author peer-reviewed publications
• Strong research or work experience in hyperspectral remote sensing and plant physiology
• Background in statistical methods
• Familiarity with high performance computing
• Familiarity with plant physiology
• Familiarity with grassland plant species
• Fieldwork experience
Please you this link (http://apply.interfolio.com/92172) and follow the instruction to complete an online application for the position and attach these documents:
• cover letter describing your relevant experience, research interests, and why you are interested in this position,
• your CV, and
• list of three references.