Overview: Pheasants Forever is seeking a highly motivated, dynamic, and team-oriented individual with a passion to integrate conservation, agriculture, technology, and economics. The Precision Ag and Conservation Specialist (PACS) will work in a joint capacity with Pheasants Forever and USDA NRCS as a key member of the Pheasants Forever Precision Ag and Conservation Solutions Program in Wisconsin. This Program offers a unique opportunity to work directly with farmers, advisors, consultants, retail ag, and conservation partners to analyze ag operations based on economic performance and look at alternative practices that increase conservation opportunity and in-field profitability. The PACS will process and analyze relevant on-farm data to provide Return on Investment planning analytics to farmers using a precision agriculture business planning platform. The PACS will also develop economic scenarios for conservation, working lands, and other best management practices on acres that will result in increased profitability. The PACS will provide clients and colleagues with one-on-one technical software support and training to integrate economic analysis tools, precision ag platforms, and decision-making processes. The position will be based out of an NRCS Area or Field Office and will be located in southeastern Wisconsin, the exact location to be determined.
• In coordination with local partners, identify and outreach to farmers regarding precision ag and conservation principles.
• Work with farmers to provide analyses of agronomic and conservation practices that increase profitability.
• Resulting from analyses for farmers, develop and present business performance scenarios of agronomic recommendations that maximize profitability while providing water, soil, and wildlife conservation benefits.
• Develop and maintain relationships with agricultural partners.
• Facilitate a high-level of communication between the farmer and relevant partners.
• Focus on understanding producer needs and provide feedback to the partnership on ways to improve performance.
• Assist with referring producers and agronomists requesting alternative options to appropriate PF colleagues, local USDA service centers, or other local partners.
• Organize and host workshops, field days, and other outreach efforts for public and professional audiences.
• Track, compile, and report accomplishments for partnership accountability.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong customer relations and interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively, and excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to make initial contacts and develop new relationships.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently without direct supervision.
• Knowledge of modern farm technology and practices with specific knowledge of equipment, application, and operation.
• Commitment to maintain standards and address issues in a timely, professional manner.
• Working knowledge of common conservation programs and practices in the Midwest.
• Prefer knowledge of/experience with Precision Ag Software (AgDNA, EFC Systems,
MyJohnDeere, Granular, etc.), ArcGIS, or other mapping software.
• Valid driver’s license required; use of personal vehicle required (mileage reimbursement provided).
Education and Experience Guideline: Applicants for this position should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Precision Agriculture, Agronomy, Ag Systems Technology, Ag Business, or a Natural Resources field. Candidates with an Associate degree and 5 or more years of relevant industry experience will be considered. Direct experience working on a farm operation is strongly preferred. A passion for the outdoors, conservation, and working directly with farmers and other ag and conservation professionals is highly beneficial.
Starting Salary: Compensation commensurate with experience + Health Benefits, PTO, and Retirement Package.
Contact: Marty Moses, State Coordinator at 608-712-8625
To Apply: Visit our website at: www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Please include your cover letter, resume and 3 references as one Word document or PDF file on the Recruitment website.
Pheasants Forever is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled