Environmental Consulting & Technology, Inc. is looking for a Program Manager to help expand our Natural Resources service line by leveraging existing client relationships and creating new business development opportunities. Successful candidates will be able to manage existing projects, provide technical oversight, and delegate project and business development responsibilities to appropriate staff. In addition, the selected candidate will have experience with wetland delineations, environmental compliance, and experience working with the power sector and other industries.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Understand the natural resource market in Western US and focus on building a team
• Develop revenue, budget, and team goals
• Able to keep deliverable schedules, schedule staff for projects and adhere to budgets
• Assist with proposal preparation
• Develop agency relationships and the ability to represent ECT as our professional expert
• Stay current with applicable regulations and be involved in the industry as an ECT representative at conferences and industry functions
• Be a positive member of the team and encourage communication and coordination across ECT offices and service lines.
• Be a mentor and active member of the team in terms of technical training, product quality and health and safety
• Assist with fieldwork (wetland delineations) when necessary
ECT is an employee-owned, multidisciplinary natural resources and environmental consulting firm serving private and public-sector clients by integrating science, engineering, technology, planning, and management systems to provide practical solutions to complex challenges. ECT maintains a drug-free environment and is an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer.
Education & Experience:
• B.S. or equivalent necessary; M.S. or equivalent preferred
• 10 to 15 years of experience as an environmental consultant; 7 years or more of managing mid-western or western natural resource-based projects required
• Strong state and federal environmental permitting experience is required
• Renewable energy experience is a plus.
• Strong technical knowledge base in wetlands, wildlife, and botany
• Strong environmental permitting experience (401/404 permitting)
• 20% travel requirement, mostly overnight stays; fluctuates based on client demands
• Primary duties are located within an office environment with occasional field work
• Capable of working outdoors occasionally in hot and humid conditions
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office required. Intermediate skills related to GPS/GIS applications desired
• Exceptional verbal and technical writing skills