The full-rig ship Oliver Hazard Perry is seeking a Program Manager to join on May 25 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. This spring, the ship will sail up the East Coast, with stops in Annapolis and Philadelphia. Summer will be sailing around New England and Canada.
The Program Manager will play an important role in the content and delivery of programs aboard the tall ship Oliver Hazard Perry, working both as part of and alongside the ship’s professional crew to facilitate the core sail training experience, coordinate auxiliary courses, and to administer the programs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to :
• Oversee all curriculum content and delivery aboard Oliver Hazard Perry
• Work closely with the Education Director, Captain and Mates to intertwine the ship
operations and the educational curriculum.
• Design and facilitate OHPRI onboard educational program.
• Actively participate in all aspects of shipboard life: standing watch, chores, sail prep and
sail handling, anchor watch, and ship maintenance.
• Serve as a role model and mentor in a constructive, positive and encouraging manner.
Learn more about the position at www.ohpri.org/employment
Positions are full-time, live-aboard. Room and board provided
To be paid, candidates must be US citizens or permanent residents.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis
How to apply: Applicants should send resumes and references with a cover letter to Chris Dimock and Hannah Spicer: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Experience as educator aboard a tall ship and tall ship sailing strongly preferred
• Enthusiasm for the mission of OHPRI
• Bachelor's degree in a related field
• A minimum of three years' experience in an education position/experiential education
in a classroom or non-traditional setting
• Sufficient physical strength and agility to carry out the essential duties of the position,
including participating in boat-based activities, lifting and carrying gear up to 50
pounds, working aloft, hauling line
• Experience developing and delivering education programs
• Experience supporting and mentoring student needs in an outdoor education environment
• Strong self-motivation and the ability to work as a team member