We are seeking an upbeat, nature-minded individual to serve as the Program Specialist at Hunting Island State Park (HISP), a 5,000 acre park located near Beaufort, South Carolina. Under the supervision of the Interpretive Ranger, the Programs Specialist is responsible for interpreting the natural, cultural, and historic resources of HISP.
The duties of this position include:
- Assisting the Interpretive Park Ranger with the planning, promotion and execution of tours, programs, workshops and activities for park visitors
- Assisting with school group activities at the park
- Performing animal care duties as needed for center exhibits and aquariums following established protocols and guidelines
- Performing basic facility and grounds maintenance, repairs and improvements and assisting with more involved tasks and projects
- Providing maintenance on trails, exhibits, and other related facilities
- Preparing required administrative reports and maintaining records related to visitation, special programs, etc...
Associate's Degree in Natural Resources, Environmental Studies, or a related field (Required)
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
A valid South Carolina driver's license or ability to obtain one (Required)
Strong oral and written communication skills (Preferred)
Experience with customer service (Preferred)